Responsible for controlling equipment to adjust chemical changes and reactions during the production process of products for the industrial and consumer space.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Determine product or ingredients for products.
- Adjust the flow of gasses and chemicals through pipes.
- Set timing devices such as gauges and thermostats.
- Regulate temperate, pressure and time during reactions.
- Open and shut valves.
- Operate pumps to drain or receive materials
- Start reactors, agitators, or blowers.
- Automatically feed materials and chemicals.
- Monitor gauges and flowmeters.
- Mix and add chemicals according to formulas.
- Record data
- Take samples for analysis.
- Inspect equipment malfunctions.
- Test equipment.
- Analyze sample for specific gravity
- Clean and sterilize equipment.
- Unload and set up materials.
- Operate heaters, scrubbers, filters, or dryers.